So, you’ve booked your venue and your Tipis, paid your deposit, chosen your Best Man, bridesmaids and grooms men and now comes the organising! We are here to help you out with any of the details below, just let us know if you need any suggestions.
12 months before your wedding
- Start looking for your dream dress.
- Have you thought about Save the Date cards, especially if you are getting married at a busy time, namely Bank Holidays and early September when every one is back from Summer holidays?
- Research and narrow down your wedding suppliers such as: florists, photographers, invitations, cake, decor, music hair and make up.
- Think about possibly insuring your day – you can never be too careful!
- Research glorious places for your honeymoon (rubbish job).
8/10 months before
- Order your dress.
- Shop for the groom’s suit.
- Have you booked your photographer, florist and DJ/band?
- Have you thought about accommodation for family and friends who are travelling from out of town?
- Order your wedding cake.
- Check passports to make sure they’re in date.
- Who’s arranging your Stag and Hen parties? Are they on it? They better be and it better be good.
- Book transport to the ceremony.
- Do you need music for during the ceremony?
- Start thinking of your guest list. Are you going to have a A and B list? Are you going to invite that cousin that you’ve met once…?!
4/6 months before
- Choose bridesmaids dresses.
- Choose and order invitations.
- Book honeymoon!
- Do you need vaccinations?
- Buy wedding shoes, accessories and underwear (that goes for the Grooms too!)
- Organise the legalities – give at least 3 months notice to registrar, priest, vicar or celebrant.
- Choose your favourite Hymns, prayers and readings.
- Lay out your order of service and order the booklet.
- Slim down your guest list if needs be. Be ruthless.
2/3 months before
- Send out the invitations
- Order wedding rings.
- Rent the groomsmen’s suits.
- Attend dress fittings.
- Have a meeting with your florist and decide on the colours and style you would like. Romantic roses or wild and wonderful?
- Organise gifts for your family, bridesmaids and groomsmen. Book hairdresser and makeup.
- Order or get making your wedding favours. Some people keep this super simple or go along the route of personalised miniature bottles of Limoncello! You choose.
- Start thinking about your seating plan. Who, under no circumstances, should sit together, are you going to have a naughty table etc…
4 weeks before
- Have final wedding dress fitting!
- Check in with all your suppliers, any final tweaks needed?
- Finalise details and proof read your order of service.
- Look at your RSVP list and call all the irritating guests who haven’t replied!
1 week before
- Check in with the caterers and give them a final head count and inform them of any dietary requirements.
- Nail your table plan and then walk away from it. Not everyone will be satisfied but it’s your day!
- Give the venue a heads up on when Country Tipis will be arriving to build your Tipis, plus other suppliers like furniture hire, florists etc.. including phone numbers for them in case you are not there.
- Pack your overnight bag for your wedding night.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
- Order currency for the honeymoon.
- Do all your bits and pieces like nails, waxing and general making pretty (that goes for the groom too!)
2-3 days before
- Go back to your table plan and take off the 4 people who have cancelled and the 3 that can now come!
- Groom: get your boys to pick up their suits and make sure everything fits. Confirm times with the wedding car companies.
- Start taking very deep breaths!
1 day before
- Go to your venue, gasp in awe at the gorgeousness of your Tipis and set about making the tables look amazing with your name places, favours etc. We recommend your florist is there for table decorations before you so as you don’t have to move anything.
- Make sure your cake is on track and will be delivered on time.
Have a wedding rehearsal at the ceremony venue to iron out the details.
- Warn the groom, groomsmen and bridesmaids to behave themselves tonight as it’s a long day tomorrow!
- Don’t drink too much and get some rest.
Your Wedding Day!
Relax (if you can) and enjoy this amazing day and please tell us all about it after its all over. Good luck!